Sunday, September 2, 2007

Where do I begin

Let me start by saying how excited and relaxed the past week and a half have been. Since James has been on his new regimen of medicines he has been eating well, and I think actually able to enjoy it too. This morning he had ice cream with ovaltine and after every bite he actually said MMMMMMMMMMM and was kicking his feet with excitement.


We are still on the Reglan, we switched to Prevacid twice a day AM and Pm we have added Zantac twice a day and give him Mylanta in between all of that. So we are constantly giving him something to hopefully keep his reflux at bay and let him eat, enjoy and put on some weight. I don't want to jinx it, but I want to jump and kick my heels. Every night he has been getting fudgesicles, popsicles or ice cream and eating the whole thing. Not to mention eating his food and actually chewing and swollowing instead of chewing a little and spitting out. He has even been eating some granola and blue berries. My husbands says lets think outside the box and give him lots of different things everyday.

My husband is doing awesome with him and was the one to start giving him the Mylanta after speaking it over with our GI. He is so great with James and helps me out tremendously. I am very lucky to have him.

Yesterday I had a great time with my girlfriend Caroline who came out for a visit from California. I went to high school with her and lost touch after 2003. So I met her and her mom for lunch, Pasta and Wine MMMMMMMM, I was kicking my legs too. Then her mom left and Caroline and I did some shopping and got pedicures. Oh how I needed that. Although the lady doing the pedicure nicked my toe, Ouch! Then we came back to my house for her to meet James.

James had a good dinner and

What a great day, I wish I could freeze frame and make the day longer.

Love Tracy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am a mom of a sweetheart little boy, former 28 weeker who spent 3 months in the NICU, and also had reflux issues. Your little guy is amazing, and I love his NICU pics! Cheers. PS I saw your blog link at the Preemie Community Forum.

Laura said...

:::::sigh::::
celebrate the normal!!!!
this is our family matra with our ex 24 weeker.
that fudgesicle looks so delicious and wonderful....so does the boy!
good luck with the new regime. glad it is working.

Jamie and Jill said...

Hooray for good eating!!!!

We'll have to have a play date here soon.....and of course we'll serve ice-cream....no matter what time it is! Lucky boys:)

Nathali said...

James is soooo cute!!!

I am so happy for you that your husband is such a great help!! That is so important!!! You are truly blessed!!!