Wednesday, October 17, 2007

You don't know LOVE until you have a child!

How many agree? I can not believe how much I love my son. It is just unbelievable how he fills my heart, sometimes it aches with love, sometimes it really hurts with love or angers with love but it never stops smiling with love. He is so amazing in so many ways and everyday surprises me with new amazement. I love being able to be home with him, I love how he still smells like baby and how when I hug him he squeezes me back tight and pats my back. Or how when he kisses me he follows with MMMWA! I love how he repeats or tries to repeat everything I say(got to be careful) I sometimes find myself spelling words because even though he may not say them yet he knows what they mean. I love how he tries to do everything I do, especially when I am cleaning he likes to grab wipes and wipe things or dust, and vacuuming the kids cries when I stop. I love going into a room after he has been playing and finding all the creative things his has done, like throwing my hair clips in the trash or throwing a shoe in the sink. I love hearing the pitter patter of his feet coming down the hall way just when I thought I had escaped to go to the bathroom by myself :) I love how he remembers things that happened days or even weeks ago,or things that are different from before. I love how I can show him something once and he does or tries to do it until he has successfully done it on his own(sometimes). I love his laugh and how sometimes he covers his mouth when he laughs I even love his temper and whining because he is so like me. I love to watch him sleep or play when he does not know I am there, I love it when he dances and tries to sing a song. I love going for walks and how he points and squeels just over leaves blowing down the street, I love how he now says mama water or mama rocko (our dog) And I espeacially love in the mornings when he wakes how happy he is and how he hands me his blanket. I love how sweet he is and well, I guess I love being his mom. I now know how much my parents loved me!!!

2 comments:

Miracles said...

Tracy, I'm catching up on my blog reading, and I have to tell you this post brought tears to my eyes!

I know exactly the type of love you are speaking of. The love we have for our children is so unexplainable.

Thanks for sharing, it's good to know I'm not the only sappy mom out there :)

Laura said...

OMG this makes me cry it is so sweet!...and so true!