Friday, November 16, 2007

A little quick update. James is doing really well with his feeds, we have increased him slowly and he is at 45mls per hour, our goal is 50 to 60mls, depending on his toleration of course. I have yet to incorprate the BOLUS feeds (large amount over short period of time) because James has been eating so well. I tell you I did not see this coming, and the old saying if I would have know this then I would have done it sooner. So 18 days in to tube feeding and all is well. He today ate for lunch a half of a PB&J a whole brownie square some milk and bites of my Panda Express/to include some fried rice bites, a whole piece of Orange Chicken, and a quater of crab puff. Not to mention a handfull of crunchy cheetos a little prior to that plus a little ceral at breakfast, I AM OVER JOYED!!!! The other night he ate a whole half of a GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH!!!!!

We meet with our GI clinic on 11/29 for weight check and evaluation of feeding/tube feeds to include a 2 day diary of all consummation for James. I will let you know the outcome of that. I have some great pics but I need to go get ready for work so I will post those later.

FYI for other mom's with GTUBE KIDS, I have found a tape that is absolutely phenomenal, it is called MEPITAC and it is used with tubes, it does not pull or irritate your child's skin once so ever, and may be re-used repeatedly, thankful for that because it is PRICEY about 15$ a roll(DONATIONS PLEASE :)! I have found this to be the cheapest so far, but it is so worth not having your child scream, cry and shake when removing the tape. As for James' button site it is healing slowly very slowly, still so very sore for the little guy and tends to be red some days and pink other days, not much drainage and so far no granulation's!

Thanks for reading, Love Tracy.

P.S. In regards to our ordeal at PCH, I have put in a complaint through our insurance company and am still working on my letter to the President of the Hospital for their careless actins of my son's well being (MRSA). Just so they are aware and to get it off my chest........ My letter is taking more time than it should but I want it to be effective and written properly. Any english majors out there or writers????? Thanks

3 comments:

Nathali said...

I am glad he is doing so well!!! Your hospital stay was very frustrating. We had a similar story when Michael was released from the PICU a few months ago and was put in a room with a girl that couldn't stop coughing (he had severe PBD, possible RSV and was on O2). It seems that children's hospitals are very unsensitive for common sense....

Shannon said...

I would be happy to proof read your letter when you are done.

abby said...

I'll also volunteer to do proofreading for you...I (try) to teach my college students to write all the time and I wrote a very effective letter to our NICU hospital when the social worker dropped the ball on us and we ended up with thousands of dollars of co-pays that should have been paid for by Hallie's secondary insurance but were not. Needless to say, the bills got canceled and the social worker is no longer employed by the NICU. Just toodle over to Hallie's blog if you want help and leave a comment.