Saturday, November 24, 2007

What a Boy!

Well my James is still doing great. I can not believe what a difference this feeding tube has made this far. Reflux seems better, no vomiting and he is still eating much better than before the tube???? I don't know what it is, but I will take it. I am amazed I totally thought the worst before and thought things were going to go backwards but so far so good YEAH!!!

The only problem we are dealing with severely is granuloma's he has one where they made the cut to place the button it just will not heal, and we are now on our 2nd granuloma in a week and a half. Last one we went to the surgeon's office and they burned it with the nitrate stick. I have found this wonderful web site with all sorts of tips for feeding tubes and the care. I tell you mom's are so SMART. So I am going to try a few. I also have not been placing the gauze pads around the button thinking that not covering would help it, but apparently from what I have read this is a big mistake so I stocked up on gauze pads and found a few other tricks to the trade, that I will be trying as well. Hopefully I can get this solved for him it seems to be very bothersome and painful. But again he is doing remarkably well.

He also has been speaking so well lately. New words are emerging and he is just so smart. He says the appropriate words at the right time, thank you, please, move and just understanding his world around him. If you ask him where daddy is during the day he will tell you (WORK! and it is so adorable. He also is finally getting into books I have been trying for a long time to get himnterested and now not only is he intersted he will bring you a book and he will say BOOK! I spent the other day with a good friend of mine Kelly and her son Aidan and James was saying their names. My friend made a comment to me that made me feel fantastic, she said she can not get over how well James is doing and how she felt he was quite on target for his age. She is a wonderful mom to a gorgeous boy who is 4 years old. We had a lot of fun with them on Friday and can't wait until our next fun day!

Well that is all for tonight and thanks again for staying tuned! Tracy

No comments: