Tuesday, July 10, 2007

NEUROLOGY OR BUST!

So yesterday we went to our 6 month Neurology visit. I dislike these appointments because of there charts and expectations. Just when you think your 25 week preemie is making such strides they rain on your parade. Here is how some of it went.

James' weight = a 9 month old (20lbs. 1.5 oz)
His height measures in @ a 12 month old (33 inches)
His Alberta infant motor scale since his language skills are still average of a10 month old puts him @ a level of a 19 months old but in actuality his fine and gross motor skills are @ a 21 1/2 month old.

See what I mean throw away the charts, my son was born @ 25 weeks was not expected to survive let alone weighed 1lb 6oz. I think he has come a long way. Then they always contradict themselves by saying that each child develops in there own way!

Any way I am done ranting, thanks for listening.

On the happier side of life, James had a wonderful birthday party, thanks to all my family and friends for sharing this day with us. He received so many toys I think we will have to by the house next door and James can just stay here. He is taking over, my living room now looks like a few isles from toys r us.

No comments: