Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I GOT A JOB!

So I went on an interview last Thursday at an Urgent Care center in Scottsdale. They called on Monday and offered me the job. Excited yes, nervous oh yes, It has been 2 years since I last worked. I am looking forward to it though. It is only for 4.5 hours Monday through Friday from 4PM to 8:30PM, so I will still be home in time to tuck my baby in to bed, if things go right I will just miss dinner and bath, that it itself will be a break. I like bath time though but dinner is exhausting.

I am looking forward to the interaction with many different people, I am a big people person. I also will be happy to take a shower everyday and do my hair and wear make-up again. Not that I don't bathe, but most of the time if we don't have plans I don't even change out of my pajama's. My poor husband must just be so attracted to me, HA HA. But seriously, I am just lazy, plus I usually get thrown up on, or food thrown at me or well you know, so why bother, It sure makes doing laundry a breeze. I have a uniform I will be wearing so that is a blessing in itself, how easy, the only thing is there are 5 different colors I have to remember to wear for that particular day, hopefully I don't wear blue on khaki day. I have worn different shoes before same color just different style.

I am ready nonetheless, At least I think so. I think it will be good for my husband and James, not to have me here. when we are both home James is still all about me. So they need to have some father, son time. We are always together, James and I and once and a while my husband will take James over to his father's house or to the park but usually we all go as a family. Especially since I am usually cooped up in the house all week, Heck I get excited just going to home depot in the middle of the week, I see it as an outing.

So wish me luck. I start Monday 8/13/07. I am sure I will have days where I say WHAT WAS I THINKING, but all in all it will be good for me and I can handle 4.5 hours it will go by quick. Oh and the money will be nice too, living on one income has been a challenge, but my the things you give up not realizing how much you were spending before. So some money to help out here and there and maybe a pedicure once in a while more lunches with friends and some more activities for baby. YAHOO!

2 comments:

Nathali said...

Congratulations!!!!! That is great news. I agree, it should be good to get 'out of the house'. Michael has only been home for 3 weeks and I already miss the social interaction.

Good luck with everything and I love your 'checklist' in the previous blog entry :)

Nathali

Jamie and Jill said...

Congrats (and good luck tomorrow) on the new job. It'll feel good to get out of the house!